This is the first part of shopping guide for choosing a baby strollers or prams.
Where there is a child, where there is a need to go out; where there is a need to go out, where there is a need to hold the child.
I think the inventor of the baby stroller must have had sore arms to be so smart! I browse the long history of baby carriage, and a variety of shapes, and find the truth is: “the same world, the same parent, our common goal is: Free Hands!”
About the applicable age and service life of Prams
- Dual-use strollers which can sit down & lie down are more suitable for baby within 6 months, because little baby can not sit well by themselves; and the strollers can’t lie flat is more suitable to kids over 6 months.
- A pram can be used until the baby is 2-3 years old, mainly in accordance with the load, usually is 9 to 15kg. But there are many 4-6 year-old kids still sitting or sleeping on the strollers in life, the parent should remember to pay more attention to their safety then.
- Generally, the life of a baby stroller is about 4-5 years. If you want to use it for the second baby, you need to use it properly and maintain it to ensure safety. After all, all kinds of materials will have an aging time!
4 kinds of pushchairs commonly found on the market
Currently, baby strollers on the market can be roughly divided into:
- — Functional stroller for household and short-term use, which is called full-sized strollers or standard strollers.
- — Emphasizing lightness, portable prams that are suitable for frequently going out, also known as lightweight strollers.
- — A tricycle that specializes in outdoor use and has a large tire (such as a bicycle inflatable tire), parent can push it to run; also known as jogging strollers.
- — Tandem Strollers that are designed for multiple children or twins, such as double & triple strollers.
So one by one, let’s look through the 4 kinds of strollers:
Usually the total weight is more than 12kg, can be used from 0-3 years old. Tall and stable, better comfort, more perfect functions, but the weight is also heavy.
Judging from the appearance: the skeleton is relatively thick, the front and rear wheels are not the same size, especially the rear wheel size is usually larger. I also visited a lot of stores, it is quite intuitive to distinguish the functional car from the appearance.
This kind of strollers is perfect for newborns, but for going out, travelling, public transportation, it is not as convenient as umbrellas.
And high landscape baby stroller, which is very popular in the past few years, is actually a functional standard stroller, and will be specifically mentioned later.
A few tips:
Although the functional stroller is usually the first pram for baby, and many parents spend the highest budget on it. However, many friends around me have also said that this type of functional stroller is used less and less after the child is 1 year old. It is difficult to escape the fate of ash deposition, giving away, and selling at a sacrifice. The main problem is that it is too heavy. When the child grows up, they can walk and sit well. Travelling and going out is more frequent, this heavy and inconvenient strollers are no longer needed.
Then, what car do you use after 1 year old? Look down.
Usually the weight is less than 6kg, light and easy to carry, it will not be too big after folding, suitable for kids over 6 months old; if the backrest can lie down for about 160 degrees, it can also be used within 6-month-old baby.
The lightweight stroller is also easy to judge. For example, the frame is relatively thin, the four wheels are the same large, the size is small, and the seats are usually not too high.
A few tips:
If the family often takes the baby out, it is still necessary to prepare an lightweight stroller. Baby of this age can’t walk too long, and parents are too tired to hold the child in their arms all the time. To have a light umbrella is more convenient and comfortable.
Many young parents love to push the strollers to jog, take the children to travel far, and even outdoor activities such as hiking and hiking. Therefore, this type of car is mainly used for shock absorbers, usually the wheels are very large.
Many young parents prefer to push the car jogging, take the children on a long journey, or even mountaineering, hiking and other outdoor activities. So this type of car is mainly a better shock absorbing effect, usually the wheels are very big.
Like the three-wheeled sports car, this type of car is also common in life. Many strollers are arranged side by side or in front and rear. They can be reversed and can be seated, which is very suitable for multi-birth family. But it’s still relatively rare, so there’s not much to say here.
So here is the 4 different types of baby strollers or infant buddies, we’ll introduce the details or different functions of a strollers in the next post, hope this will be helpful for parents to purchase a baby carriage for their child.
Other related articles: